Principal Clarinet Auditions will be held on Monday, July 23, 2018.
Please send resumé/CV and $25 check by July 16, 2018 to:
Symphony of the Mountains
1200 E. Center Street
Kingsport, TN 37660
Once you have auditioned, your $25 will be returned.
Exposition of the 1st mvt., of either Bartok, Walton, or Hindemith Viola Concertos
J.S. Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No. 6
- 1st mvt., from the upbeat to measure 62 through measure 91
Berlioz: Roman Carnival Overture
- Upbeat to 2 after reh. 1 to 8 after reh. 3 (upbeat to measure 37 through measure 60)
Beethoven: Symphony No. 5
- 2nd mvt., measure 1-10.
Brahms: Symphony No. 4
- 4th mvt., letter B to 24 after letter C (measure 41-80).
Ginastera: Variaciaones Concertantes
- Viola Variation (measure before 32 to measure after 35)
Mendelssohn: Symphony No. 4 (Italian)
- 2nd mvt., beginning to letter A
Mendelssohn: Scherzo to A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Measure 49 to 93 (letter B to D) AND measure 187 to 208
- (9th measure after letter H to 3 measures after letter I)
- (Tempo: please prepare at 88 = dotted quarter)
Mozart: Symphony No. 35
- 1st mvt., measure 33 to measure 66 (or letter B)
- 4th mvt., measure 134 to the end of the piece
Strauss: Der Bürger Als Edelmann
- Entire first movement.
Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 6
- 1st mvt., Allegro non troppo until 6 measures after letter C